Whether you’re client or agency side, corporate or field-based, as a marketer you’re always in the spotlight. As one of the most visible functions in many businesses (and let’s face it, who doesn’t have an opinion about marketing?) your talents are always on display.
But, with tongue firmly in cheek, we ask you…
Where do your marketing talents lie?
The magicianIs this you?
- Regularly feel like you need to produce the proverbial rabbit out of the virtual hat?
- Under pressure to deliver spectacular results with a microscopic budget and tiny timescales?
- Need to produce ‘something shiny’ to keep the boss/investor/client happy?
Top tip: Use slight of hand to distract attention with a smart deliverable, like an awesome case study, while you stay focused on the main programme in hand.
The jugglerDo you have:
- Multiple projects on the go?
- Multiple stakeholders to be managed?
- Creative, commercial, C-suite, social, brand, events, demand gen all needing to be kept moving AND in synch?
The weight lifterAny of this feel familiar?
- Up against an immovable object or an irresistible force?
- Got a marketing non-believer preventing you from achieving your goals?
- Need to ‘punch above your weight’ to make your voice heard – out in the market and/or inside the business?
The acrobatWhat about this?
- Need the flexibility to succeed in dynamic environment where nothing is certain – except that everything changes?
- Feel like you have to bend over backwards to meet the needs of demanding stakeholders?
The choir leaderAre you:
- Struggling to keep agencies, teams and stakeholders singing from the same song sheet?
- Surrounded by prima donnas constantly demanding the limelight?
- Hitting the occasional bum note? It’s only to be expected if you take a few risks, but problematic if it keeps on happening.
Oh, and never work with ‘children’ or ‘animals’!
Are these your marketing talents? Or do you have others? We'd love to hear about them!